Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Grace For the Mommies

I held all three of my children in my lap this weekend. My soul was flooded with the goodness of my God. I could feel the weight of them sitting on my lap and my arms felt their little hands as they reached out and touched me. I love being a Mama. I've had a baby on my hip or in my tummy or both for the past 31/2 years of my life. I wouldn't change one SECOND of it, friends. 

There's a lot of things I'm reading on the internet lately that talk about 'mom guilt'. Not doing enough, working too much, working too little, organic or generic, spending too much time on the phone, not getting anytime for yourself, being too strict with discipline or being too lax with consequences, being too harsh on our husbands or not serving our families enough. Goodness, it's very hard being a mom and wife, or being a woman for that matter. But the Holy Spirit is so sweet to remind me of something. I'm in Christ and washed in his blood. His grace abounds towards me. He knows the areas that I fall short and when I screw up before the words even leave my mouth. He loves me anyway. Not like a 'Oh, I guess I'll love you but I'm not happy about it...' No it's an 'I created you and wove you together in your mothers womb, I put together a beautiful plan for your life, all of heaven stops to take notice when you are received into my family by the blood of my Son, the great I AM goes before you and comes behind you, pillar of fire by night and cloud by day, your feet won't swell, your sandals won't wear out and goodness and mercy will literally HUNT you down all the days of your life' kind of love.

Spend time with Jesus. Allow his Holy Spirit to speak love, identity, and vision into your heart and your life. Relax a little. Be kind to yourself. And follow His leading. He won't steer you wrong. I think it's time we all started to be a little more Jesus conscious and a little less sin conscious. I'm not saying that if you have a sin issue (congratulations, you're human) or something you're struggling with that you shouldn't take it to Jesus and allow him to work in your life. I'm saying be aware that you are now proclaimed the righteousness of God in Christ. The prophets of the new testament convicted those they were around of their new standing, their new righteousness that they received by being Christ followers. The Father sees you spotless, white as snow and the Father sees the price His son paid as completely satisfying. He sees it as good, and therefore He sees you as good. You are his favorite.  When you are in the King's presence, remember your sins have been put away as far as the east is from the west when you are in Christ. He literally remembers them no more. Rest, friends and mommies. Enjoy your blessings and enjoy your time with the Lord. And enjoy your kiddos if you have them. Have a wonderful day. 


Romans 8 Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.


Isaiah 54:10 For though the mountains should depart and the hills be shaken or removed, yet My love and kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace and completeness be removed, says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment