Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jesus, The Author of Truth

This world is full of counterfeits. Things that appear to satisfy the soul. Things that appear acceptable and right in man's eyes. The only way to know truth is to know the author of truth. Jesus Christ. 

There's so much I feel that the holy spirit has been highlighting to me lately about life and how we choose to live it while we are here on earth. Mostly, I feel him telling me to have an eternal perspective. To allow my eyes and heart to filter all that I see and do through the eternal filter of Jesus. It's now, more than ever, so apparent to me the weight of our decisions here in this life. I talk a lot about God's grace and mercy covering our mistakes and wiping our sin away. I talk about it, because it's so important to me. I believe it is the fountain of life to our souls. It is the living water that refreshes and renews our minds. Without God's grace, we can so easily step back into acting and living like the dead people that we crucified with Christ the day that we accepted Christ as our Lord. The power of our testimony and the blood of the Lamb is how we overcome, friends. Jesus has overcome this world. He's overcome any addiction, disease, bondage, and shame. He overcame the world so that we might rest in his finished work. 

The power of the devil is the law and condemnation. Jesus fulfilled the law, that we might walk in this life with his Spirit- guiding us into all truth. Yet, we still have choices here on this earth. We choose to step into things that we know aren't good for us. Or we choose to step out of them with His help. Proverbs is full of God's loving appeal to his children to choose life. Choose His way. Not because you are proud or perfect- but because He is your father, he knows the things that are good for you and what's not good for you. And He empowers you to do so. It doesn't mean that it will always feel comfortable, but it will produce a harvest of peace. 

I often tell my children, that Mommy and Daddy have boundaries and discipline them because we love them. I love them too much to not instruct and guide them. My precious, wild haired beauty pulled a sharp knife from the dishwasher when my back was turned. Because she's small and I am her protector- I stopped her and removed it from her hand as quickly as possible. She doesn't understand that it can hurt her. To her, it's shiny and pointy and might fit really great inside that slot in the wall over there. However, we are not 2 years old and our Father knows that.But He loves us enough to tell us what's life to our soul, and what's dangerous. Jesus chose death, so that we can have life- and have it more abundantly! He tells us clearly in his word, the things that are good for us and the things that will lead to harm or utter destruction. Listen. Open your ears, open your hearts. Seek his wisdom, hear his instruction. And then act upon it. He promises that if you seek and ask for wisdom, he will give it to you. Be bold in the asking and quick to receive.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live.

John 10:10
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).


Proverbs 3:5-8
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

Be not wise in your own eyes; reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn [entirely] away from evil.

It shall be health to your nerves and sinews, and marrow and moistening to your bones.

James 1:5
New King James Version (NKJV)
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment