Thursday, May 9, 2013

Convicted of Righteousness

God has showed me lately to look for his provision and his kindness at all times. That even in times of transition and circumstances that feel temporary- He has gone before me, making preparations and meeting secret desires of my heart even in the times where He feels the farthest. Nothing is temporary to God because he sees the fullness of my journey. He sees the beginning of it, and the end.  

He has dropped inside of me a deeper understanding of who He is, and I have come to have a better understanding of who I am in Christ because of it. As a young Christian, I was held captive by wrong ideas or teachings about God and how He works. As I began to understand his crazy love and his truest nature, the more free I become. 

God said to me the other day, In the middle of a temper tantrum and pity party ( it was super attractive. NOT). The Holy Spirit said to me- YOU are the righteousness of God in Christ. Why are you acting this way? Why are you continuing to view this other person in the light of the Law and not Grace? He didn't condemn me. He simply convicted me of my righteousness- my truest identity. You know, it's tricky. Sometimes we conduct our relationships in the same path of condemnation and law abiding instead of in the new revelation of who we are in God's grace.  We keep records of past wrongs, withhold trust or affection or love. This is a toughie sometimes because our relationships and our behaviors develop patterns. But, Thank GOD for his Holy Spirit- leading me into all truth and helping me to walk in my new nature. The link below has been so encouraging to me. I'm also thankful for my Husband, who has been beyond patient and kind in walking this life with me. We are both being transformed from glory to glory, let us remind one another of our righteousness only. Knowing that Jesus settled the score and that he condemns us not, that's where the power comes to live a life free from old patterns of sin. That's when we can see him for his truest nature. 

Jesus loves me wildly and dealt with my sin at the cross so that I can live with His Spirit inside of me leading me into all freedom.


1 John 4:17 In this [union and communion with Him] love is brought to completion and attains perfection with us, that we may have confidence for the day of judgment [with assurance and boldness to face Him], because as He is, so are we in this world.


2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).

18 And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment