Tuesday, August 13, 2013

He Is Faithful

My daughter is running around with whatever article she can find from the laundry basket (namely various pairs of underwear-scattering them around the house only to be found at the most inopportune or embarrassing moment possible), the littlest is finding new and creative places she can hide the scrambled eggs that she ate for breakfast (mostly in her diaper) and my oldest is playing happily with his birthday presents.  There are mountains of laundry, bathrooms to clean, dishes to wash, yadda yadda ya. Pretty regular day in our house and for that I'm beyond thankful. With all of the wonderful simplicity, there's an expectancy of big, extravagant things to come. Maybe the areas of regularity in our lives are the areas where God invades and speaks the clearest. A friend of mine reminded me the other day- look at each area of your life in the light of glistening hope. Even the really, really difficult areas. I won't even try to name them. Everyone has them and they all look different.

He.  Is.  Faithful. I don't have anything super insightful to write about. Just that God's been talking to me a lot about his faithfulness. That whatever he speaks and promises to us, He will do. Don't lose hope in the waiting, but let it be a time to get further into his word. Allow the waiting places to be your areas of greatest growth. That's something that I love about God. He gives me something to grab onto, something of deepest substance that is immovable and immutable. My life is constantly changing and growing. I desperately need something that I can hold onto that is faithful and true. Be encouraged. Have a fantastic week.

Psalm 89:34 (NewLifeVersion) I will not break My agreement, or change what was spoken by My lips.

Psalm 89:34 New King James Version (NKJV)
34 My covenant I will not break,
Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.

John 20:29 New King James Version (NKJV)
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas,[a] because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

1 comment: