Thursday, August 1, 2013

Just A Few Thoughts

There's one thing in particular I keep noticing the past few days and weeks. I was putting a load of laundry in the dryer the other day and the Holy Spirit said to me, "You cannot force someone to receive the goodness of God."  Huh. Interesting. 
I suppose the same is true of God's grace. We can't force someone to receive it and rest in it. Sometimes I can barely force myself to receive it- But I am thankful that he's taught me that's where my strength comes from. Especially after the past few days. I had been snappy, grumpy, short with my kids and husband. The only problem is that I've got 3 little sets of eyes looking back at me- watching. They're always watching. And then doing what they see me do. Eek. One little "I want you to be happy with me, Mama." Can bring me to my knees faster than just about anything. 

My cup overflows because of His goodness and glory. For that, I am forever thankful.  I am learning to let nothing separate me from receiving God's goodness and grace. God certainly didn't. He gave up His child to die for some filthy, ugly, undeserving person. He must have known that when I take in Christ, it transforms me entirely. If I let it. Not by my own efforts am I changed, but by beholding Him alone will he take me from glory to glory. Man, I needed that encouragement. Have a great week.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18

World English Bible (WEB)
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face seeing the glory of the Lord as in a mirror, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.

David Crowder Band After All (Holy)

No comments:

Post a Comment